The City of Stamford will begin curbside pick up of Christmas trees on January 15, 2020. Please ensure that your tree is placed on your curb no later than January 15, as the City will only be making one round of pick ups.
Residents may also immediately take their trees to either the Katrina Mygatt Recycling Center located at 130 Magee Avenue or the Scale House located at 101 Harborview Avenue.
- The Scale House is open 6 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- The Katrina Mygatt Recycling Center is open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Stamford’s Highways Department may continue curbside pickup throughout the end of the month, weather permitting. To ensure trees are disposed of properly, the City of Stamford asks residents to please bring their tree to a City recycling center. Residents who are unable to bring their tree to a recycling center must place their tree curbside no later than Jan. 15.
Christmas Tree Pick up Guidelines
- Trees placed curbside cannot have any decorations on them
- Trees cannot be placed in plastic bags or wrapped in plastic
- No brush, grass clippings or bulky waste will be picked up
- Plastic Christmas trees will not be picked up