Pay your Stamford taxes online (Visa,MC,AmEx,E-check)
The City of Stamford is pleased to offer an online payment system for Personal Property, Real Estate and Motor Vehicle Taxes. This feature gives residents a more convenient way to pay their taxes. Here is a list of the features our online tax portal can provide:
- View your bill and make a one-time payment without registering.
- Register for an account to enjoy 24/7 access to your payment history and bills.
- Pay anytime, anywhere with a mobile optimized experience - online, on your mobile device, or by text message (registration required).
- Schedule a payment for the same day, a future date, or enroll in AutoPay - automatically pay the invoice amount from your default payment method on the due date.
- Go Green! Sign up for paperless billing.
- In addition to receiving email reminders when a payment is due and a confirmation email after making a payment, you can sign-up for courtesy email reminders which can be sent to multiple people in your household.
Click Here to find more information, as well as frequently asked questions, about paying taxes online.
Pay your Stamford taxes by phone
Please note if you have delinquent Real Estate or Personal Property taxes this IVR line will only list the oldest tax due. Please use the on-line payment system or contact the tax office to search for all taxes due.
What information will you need to pay using the IVR line:
RE - you will need the Unique ID listed on your tax bill. The number is seven digits with a hyphen after the third number (eg. 001-1111). Simply drop the hyphen when entering on the phone (eg. 0011111).
MV & MVS - you will need the Account No. listed on your tax bill. The Account Number will be a combination of three numbers - Tax year (4 digits), a space/hyphen, Bill Type (2 digits), a space/hyphen and Bill Number (7 digits). An example of the account number as it appears on the bill is 2017 4 11111. When entering on the phone it should be keyed as one number with zeros inserted where needed (Tax year 2017, Bill Type 04, Bill Number 0011111 - entered as 2017040011111).
PP - you will need the to enter the tax year being paid and then the Tax ID number on the bill. If the Tax ID number is 0011111 the leading zero's should not be entered therefore it would be keyed as 11111.
Pay your Stamford taxes by check
Address or Mail Payments to:
Collector of Taxes
P.O. Box 50
Stamford, CT 06904-0050
Note: Tax Due Notices are Issued June and January and are posted on this website.
When mailing in tax payments please make sure to include you tax account ID# on the check or money order.
Pay your Stamford taxes in person
Pay in person at:
Office of Tax Collector
888 Washington Blvd, Lobby
Pay in person by cash, check, money order or bank check.
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm (July and August)