Why Recycle? There Are Many Benefits!
- Prevents or reduces air and water pollution and improves our health.
- Reduces the amount of waste that must be incinerated or buried in landfills.
- Cuts the time and money spent on complex waste management processes.
- Conserves natural resources, since fewer raw materials need to be extracted and processed.
- Saves energy.
- Makes us more sustainable – we’re borrowing less material and energy from our children's future.
Did You Know?
|Preventing 1 ton of paper waste||saves 15 mature trees|
|Paper recycling instead of making paper from new timber||saves up to 70% in energy|
|Producing glass from recycled glass rather than from virgin materials||saves 30% of the energy|
|Producing aluminum from recycled metal instead of bauxite||saves more than 90% of the energy that would otherwise be required by primary production|
|Making new steel from recycled scrap||saves up to 75% in energy needed|