Mayor David Martin today announced emergency preparedness measures in anticipation of Hurricane Isaias. Hurricane Isaias is expected to reach the Stamford area by late Tuesday evening or early Wednesday morning.
Residents are advised to take the following precautions:
- Stay informed by signing up for emergency alerts through www.ctalert.gov
- Follow the City of Stamford’s social media channels for updates including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Nextdoor.
- Bring inside outdoor furniture, decorations, hanging plants, and trashcans.
- Preemptively fill your car’s gas tank.
- Withdraw cash in the event of power outages that may disable ATMs.
- Charge cellphones.
- Collect and safely store important family documents.
- Prepare an emergency kit, including:
- One gallon or water per person per day,
- Nonperishable food,
- Hand operated can opener,
- Battery-powered radio,
- Prescription drugs,
- Small hand tools,
A full list of precautionary measures can be found at www.ready.gov/hurricanes.
The City of Stamford will provide more information about Hurricane Isaias’ path as it becomes available.