Can I appeal my taxes?

Taxpayers are entitled to appeal their property assessment with the Board of Assessment Appeals. If you agree with your assessment but would like to contest your annual tax amount, the Board of Assessment Appeals will not be able to hear your case. Your district’s tax rate, which determines your annual tax amount, is set by the Board of Finance and cannot be appealed.