The City will continue to permit residents to place their leaves curbside for the 2018 fall season. Only loose leaves that are left curbside will be collected. Please make sure that your loose leaves are not on the road or blocking the sidewalk, as this may result in removal costs and fines. If residents choose to bag their leaves, they may be placed on the road by the curb, provided they do not block sight lines or interfere with traffic.
As in previous years, please do not put brush, dirt or debris in leaf piles or bags. If it is determined that your piles of leaves or bags are not in compliance, they will not be picked up by the city.
The City encourages all citizens to consider mulching or composting their leaves as a better, more environmentally beneficial alternative. Shredding leaves into lawns or flower beds or collecting leaves in compost piles are ways residents can dispose of leaves in an environmentally friendly matter. Mulching leaves into your lawn will provide you with a natural fertilizer that will improve soil health in a cheap and efficient manner. It’s easy, green and saves you money.
The official leaf pickup schedule for Fall 2018 is as follows
- Leaf pickup will begin on November 13th starting from the north and working south
- To ensure you don’t miss your pickup time, please have leaves or bags out no later than:
- Above the Merritt Parkway – all leaves must be out by November 12th
- Merritt Parkway to I-95 – all leaves must be out by November 18th
- South of I-95 – all leaves must be out by December 2nd
- All dates are subject to weather
- Click Here to see the full Fall leaf pickup schedule
Residents can bring loose leaves to the transfer station or recycling center on Magee Avenue or Scofield Park site in North Stamford.
- Residents can bring up to 200 pounds of leaves daily at no charge
- Proof of Stamford residency is required; the vehicle must have a passenger license plate and be registered in Stamford
Stamford Transfer Station at 101 Harbor View Avenue
- Monday - Saturday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Recycling Center at 130 Magee Avenue (RESIDENTS ONLY)
- Open Monday-Saturday, 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Scofield Park (55 Rock Rimmon Road) (Check or credit card only)
- Open Saturday, November 3rd and November 17th only: 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Further information on mulching leaves.