During this continuing COVID-19 emergency the Government Center will continue to remain open, however . . .
Effective Tuesday morning, March 17, 2020, visitors may enter the Government Center by prior appointment only. This includes the Board of Education, those who wish to visit 1st floor offices including the Town Clerk’s office and Cashiering and Permitting, and any other independent offices in the Government Center such as Congressman Himes’ office or the Credit Union.
Any visitor seeking to enter the Government Center must receive clearance from the security guard at the front desk before they are given access to the building. If the security guard is unable to reach anyone in that department to confirm the appointment, the visitor will be denied entrance into the building.
Appointments are at the department head’s discretion, but in general should only be made if:
- The transaction or issue cannot be done by phone, over-the-internet, or by video/teleconference
- The appointment is an emergency or high priority of an essential service
- Department personnel will be available to meet with the visitor
Any department that is closed or working under a reduced staff during this emergency may decide not to accept visitors.
It is anticipated that many visitors may attempt to make an appointment with very short notice (perhaps from the lobby or their car); it is at your department head’s discretion to accept these appointments.
This visitor “by appointment only” protocol is independent of any work scheduling that may otherwise affect your department and/or work schedule.
This page is designed to be a resource for City of Stamford employees on city policies regarding COVID-19. Additional information will be added in the future.
The Employee Coronavirus Information Line is 203-977-7911 and will be staffed from 8:30 to 4:30. You can also reach by email at [email protected].
COVID-19 Related Employee Policies and Procedures
- Out of State Travel Executive Order (8/5/20)
- Mayor's Executive Order Regarding City Employee Safety When Working at The Government Center During the COVID-19 Pandemic (8/3/20)
- City of Stamford Guidlines Regarding Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Employees Who May Have Exposure To a Person Suspected of Having or Confirmed With a Positive COVID-19 Diagnosis.
- Mayor's Executive Order Reporting Positive Test Results
- Statement on Employee's Information and HIPPA
- Policy and Guidelines Managing Remote Employees
- Stamford Application for Leave Under The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Mayor's Executive Order Leave Time and Staffing (Amended 04-01-20)
- Mayor's Executive Order For City Employee Expedited COVID-19 Testing
- Mayor's Executive Order Regarding Covid-19 Work Safety Procedures For City Employees
- CT Department of Labor Unemployment Guidelines
- E-mail Regarding Remote Working (03-15-20)
- Mayor's Memo to Employees Regarding COVID-19 (03-09-20)
- COVID-19 Timekeeping/Telecommuting Policy