City of Stamford Fire Department Promotional Opportunities
Requirements and Source Materials
Minimum Training and Experience Required for the Rank of Deputy Fire Marshal: Five (5) years of experience in the rank of Firefighter with the Stamford Fire Department.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Must successfully complete all three modules of the Fire Marshal Inspector Certification Course conducted by the State Department of Public Safety within one year of appointment, or as soon thereafter as is practically possible according to the course schedule set by the state.
Click below to obtain the source materials for the rank of Deputy Fire Marshal:
- Deputy Fire Marshal Source Materials List.
- SFD-Policy and Procedures.
- Standard Operating Guidelines.
- SFD - Fire Marshal Operating Procedures.
- PSH&W - Joint Arson Investigation Team Procedures.
- State of CT, Dept. of Public Safety - Abatement Procedures.
- Collective Barganing Agreement.