City of Stamford Web Links to Other Sites
In terms of websites that we link to which are external to the City of Stamford's website, we do not endorse any particular websites. We link to outside sites solely for the purpose of guiding our users toward possible sources of information. We make every effort to ensure that we are linking to appropriate, accurate and timely information sources. However, that we link to one site versus another does not imply that we endorse one site or another. In many cases there are many sites that exist that we may not be aware of.
The City of Stamford does not actively review all of the content of the web sites linked to from the City of Stamford site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other web sites linked to this site. Please understand that these web sites are independent from the City of Stamford, and the City has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a web site does not mean that the City of Stamford endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such site. It is the user's responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever is selected is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
The links to other web sites that the City of Stamford provides are generally limited to governmental sites and other organizations actively supported by the City of Stamford.
The City of Stamford may provide links to the following types of organizations:
- Links to Other Governmental Units & Educational Institutions - The City of Stamford provides links to other federal, state, and local governmental units that provide additional services and information that our users may find of interest. Links may also be provided to educational institutions including K-12 school districts, community colleges, and universities.
- Links to Non-Profit Organizations - The City of Stamford provides links to non-profit organizations that users of The City of Stamford 's site may find of interest because of their relevance to Stamford. The determination of whether to establish links to non-profit organizations is made on a case-by-case basis.
- Links to Private Organizations - The City of Stamford will rarely present a link to a private organization. If the City does provide a link to a private organization it would only do so in the event that the organization in question offered a service that complemented the information or services offered by The City of Stamford. The determination of whether to establish links to a private organization's website is made on a case-by-case basis
To Request a Link
To request a link on the City of Stamford Website, please send information about your organization to [email protected]. This information must include the following:
- The name, address and contact information for your organization
- The name and either an email address or phone number of a contact person
- A description of the goods or services you organization provides
- Any special demographic selection that your organization serves specifically
Once we receive the request we will evaluate the site for inclusion in The City of Stamford website. Please read the information below, prior to sending your request. If your site does not meet the criteria, please do not send in a request. The final decision for inclusion is based on whether The City of Stamford determines that your site has met all of the criteria.
Placement of Links
In order to optimize the load time for the City of Stamford home page, we will no longer place links on the home page. Any entity that is approved by the City of Stamford will be placed in a section of the website that is appropriate to the main theme of the site.
- Government agency website
- Non-profit organization website
- Commercial websites as supplementary information to government or non-profit websites
Evaluation Criteria for Sites
The following criteria are used to evaluate the appropriateness and validity for sites that could be potentially linked from the City of Stamford Web Site.
- The primary intent of the website is to educate and inform, rather than persuade, convert, or sell. The site may include advertising but must be free from heavy marketing or promotion of products.
- The site's owner or sponsor is easily identifiable, and information on how to contact the owner or sponsor is provided.
- The site clearly states if any charges or registration process is required for use of the site.
- The site does not promote specific religious or other social agendas.
Other Sites Linking to the City of Stamford
Linking to The City of Stamford is permitted under limited conditions. If you link to this site, you may not portray any person or subject in a false or misleading light. You must also refrain from creating frames, or using other visual altering tools, around to The City of Stamford pages. Lastly, you may not imply that to The City of Stamford is endorsing your product or services.
You may link to individual departmental web pages by creating a text link to a specific department. You may not use their logo for linking purposes. Once you have created a link to The City of Stamford, test the link to confirm it works and then notify the City of Stamford Webmaster