- To get a copy of the Field Card for each address using Assessor Database Click Here
- To research Historical Permits, Certificate of Occupancy and Certificate of Completion issued between 1950 and October 2013 using Municipal Search database Click Here
- To research Information on Permits issued after October 2013 using View Permit Click Here
The customer service area in the Building Department has several computers available to general public, where you can conduct a search using our data base. You will be able to obtain following documents:
- Search Permits applied to Building Department through Oct, 2013 for new construction and/or alternations to properties in Stamford, that are scanned for public viewing.
- Search Certificate of Occupancy issued by Building Department that are scanned for public viewing.
- Search Certificate of Completion issued by Building Department that are scanned for public viewing.
- Please note that the information was kept in different formats from 1950-2013. Search through all the provided options (Building Permit, PayDay, Street Files, CO and COC) to obtain all possible results. The permits still open in these databases may be carried over to View Permit database, it is recommended to search that database as well.
All research requests must be in writing. Please indicate your requirement; i.e., Certificate of Occupancy, Permit, Plan, etc.
- Please allow sufficient time for a response (approximately five (5) working days),
or call (203) 977-5700 to check if search has been completed and ready for pick-up.
- A copy of the Field Card (for each address) can be obtained from the Assessor's Office (6th Floor).
- Please note that there is a fee to make paper copies.