The mission of the Mayor's Youth Services Bureau is to promote the development of caring, responsible, and successful young people through the Mayor's Youth Leadership Council, the Mayor's Youth Employment Program, Pathfinders Adventure Learning, and the Juvenile Review Board, Stamford Mentoring Partnership, and through collaboration with Stamford's youth serving organizations.
The Mayor's Youth Services Bureau is located on the 6th floor of Government Center. We provide information and referrals to youth and families and support the many youth serving agencies in our community.
Through our own programs, we focus on developing leadership skills, self-confidence, and life skills in our young people. Additionally, we provide opportunities for adults, parents, youth workers, teachers and mentors experiences and opportunities that encourage personal growth, teamwork, and improved communication skills.
- Mayor's Youth Leadership Council (MYLC) - MYLC promotes youth activism through grant writing, public awareness activities and social change campaigns.
- Mayor's Youth Employment Program (MYEP) - A summer paid internship program matching Stamford High School juniors and seniors students with paid internships across the city for five weeks, with a four day work week and a 'leadership class' on Fridays at the Government Center.
- Pathfinder Adventures - an experiential, adventure based program designed to offer participants an exciting powerful experience that promotes team development and personal growth for school groups, businesses, and community groups.
- Pathfinders Adventure Camp - a seven week day camp for middle school students that offers a variety of activities designed to promote teamwork, communication, improve self confidence, making healthy choices, and developing healthy peer relationships.
- Restorative Justice Center - Restorative justice focuses attention and resources toward recognizing harms experienced through crime, and then creating the conditions for that harm to be repaired, with a focus on righting relationships which have been thrown out of balance through harmful actions.
- Stamford's Focus on Youth (FOY) - FOY is a partnership of youth serving organizations committed to aiding and enriching the lives of youth on a local, regional, and statewide level.
- Stamford Mentoring Partnership (STAMP) and the Stamford Mentoring Collaborative - a collaboration of community based organizations focused on finding the right programs in the community to match youth with positive role models from the community that give them direction and opportunity.
- Center for Children's Advocacy - provides legal support to help youth in Fairfield County succeed in school, and deals with eliminating barriers that prevent academic success. These barriers may include difficulties with special education services, school discipline problems, DCF concerns, mental health issues, homelessness, or immigration, among others.
"The Power of One - the potential for one individual to help, to heal, to support, to challenge and to change for the better, the life of a young Person"
Peter Benson - Search Institute President
|Justin LaBaire||Special Projects, Pathfinder Adventures & Youth Leadership||203-977-5361|
|Michelle Lappas||Mayor's Youth Employment Program Coordinator||203-977-0830|
|Bob Kocienda||Mayor's Youth Leadership Council - Program Coordinator||203-977-4643|
|Charlene Fuller||Program Coordinator||203-977-0829|
|Antonia Thompson||Restorative Justice Center||203-977-5435|
- Youth Services
- Exchange Club
- Fairfield County Community Foundation
- Glenbrook Community Center
- Italian Center
- Juvenile Probation Court - Supportive Services Division
- Keep the Promise Coalition
- Mayor's Office
- Mayor's Youth Employment Program
- Mayor's Youth Leadership Council (MYLC)
- Pathfinder Adventures
- Pathfinders Adventure Camp
- Person - to -Person
- Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
- ROSCCO Westover FRC Program
- Restorative Justice Center
- Sound Waters
- Stamford Mentoring Collaborative
- Stamford's Focus on Youth (FOY)
- Turn of River Middle School
- Turn of River Middle School
- Youth Serving Agency Directory