The City of Stamford is holding its 8th Annual Bike to Work Day event on National Bike to Work Day, Friday, May 19th from 7:30am-9:00am in Veterans Park. Join us at the celebration featuring free bike safety checks, bus bike rack demo, music, giveaways, information from several local organizations and free coffee & breakfast. Learn how biking is a viable transportation option, as well as a fun, healthy, sustainable and affordable option. Mayor Martin, as well as State and Local Representatives, will be in attendance to showcase the many benefits of bicycling and encourage you to give it a try!
Ride your bicycle to the event to be entered into the raffle to win prizes!
Bike to Work Tips:
- Inspect your tires, brakes, and chain for safety reasons before your ride
- Wear a helmet
- Signal all turns
- Use Google Maps or other resources to plan your route
- Stick to routes that feel safe and are well-lit
- Wear reflective gear
- Be prepared for the weather
- Carry a water bottle
- Sweat happens, so be prepared to spruce up at work