The following municipal officials are elected by Stamford's registered voters in odd-numbered years:
- A Mayor: term recently increased to (4) years starting with the 1997 election.
- Forty (40) Board of Representatives members (City legislative body)- term recently increased to (4) years starting with the 1997 election.
- Six (6) Board of Finance members (City fiscal policy and oversight body)- 4 years
- A Town and City Clerk (Registrar of Vital Statistics, recorder of goings on in Stamford): 4 years;
- Nine (9) Board of Education members: (3) years.
- Seven (7) Constables (serves various legal documents on citizens): (2) years;
- Two (2) Registrars of Voters (register voters, record information related to elections): (4) years.
The terms of office of elective officers begin on the first day of December succeeding the election.
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Stamford Government Center
888 Washington Boulevard
P.O. Box 10152Stamford, CT 06901