Stamford Secure Cam is the Stamford Police Department’s newest crime investigation and prevention tool.
It allows you the Citizens of Stamford to register your cameras which may help deter crime and assist the Department with their crime prevention strategies in your neighborhood.
Registration is simple and only takes a few minutes of time. You need to provide basic contact information and where the cameras are located. There is no cost for registration. You will also receive a “Secure Cam” logo sticker to place in your home or business.
You may cancel your registration at any time by sending an email to: SecureCam@StamfordCT.gov
Once you complete the registration process a member from the Department will contact you by telephone to request a visit to your residence/business to verify the information you have provided.
Call to Duty
The Stamford Police Department will only contact you if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your security cameras. Police personnel may request to view and copy video images captured by your camera to assist in the investigation of a crime.
The goal of the Stamford Secure Cam program is to promote public safety in collaboration between the Stamford Police Department and the citizens of Stamford. All registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any video material collected by the Stamford Police Department related to criminal investigations can be used as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Video material provided to the Stamford Police Department is reserved for official use.
- When necessary, the Stamford Police Department will contact you directly using the information you have provided to obtain video surveillance footage from your system.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe they are acting as an agent or employee of the City of Stamford and /or the Police Department.
- You will be assigned a Registrant ID number. Please refer to this number in any correspondence with the SPD.
- You agree not to release any video or picture images to media without consulting the Stamford Police Department.