The mission of Engineering Department is to deliver the City’s substantial volume of design and construction projects in an expeditious, cost-effective manner while maintaining the high degree of architectural, engineering, and construction quality.
The Engineering Department administers many capital improvement projects involving the City’s infrastructure, including storm and sanitary sewers, school construction, roadways, sidewalks, bridges, parks, City building facilities, street lights, energy performance and mechanical systems. In addition to managing design and construction of Engineering Department projects, the Department has undertaken the management of many capital projects for other departments, including the Board of Education, Land Use, Police Department, Fire Department, Public Safety, Parks and Recreation Department, and Facilities Management.
The Department prepares and administers design of many public improvement projects “in house,” with the majority of Board of Education and larger transportation projects utilizing professional consulting architects and engineers.
Furthermore, the Engineering Department supports internal customer relations (citizens services), permit issuance, public inquiries and maintain and update all engineering records.
Monday to Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
News & Announcements
- Public Information Meeting concerning the Rehabilitation of Bridge No. 00037, which carries U.S. Route 1 over I-95, in the City of Stamford
- Paving List FY2015 /16 is available.
- Energy Saving Lighting Fair
- Scofieldtown Park and Yard End-Use Public Planning Meeting
- Scofieldtown Park Landfill Off-Site Impact Evaluation Status Report is available online