The Stamford Community Development Office (SCDO) administers federal assistance for Stamford's neighborhoods. For over 39 years SCDO has delivered United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds to qualifying neighborhoods for housing, public improvements, economic development and public services through projects and programs approved by the Mayor and the Housing/Social Services/Community Development Committee of the Board of Representatives and the Board of Representatives.
SCDO makes loans and grants to community groups and housing owners. Federal programs emphasize reinvestment in our community infrastructure--streets, sidewalks, housing. Funds are also provided to organizations that foster the development of people: day care, employment training, and programs for special needs populations.
See the links below to learn about our programs, who we assist, and how your organization can help the City of Stamford address the challenge of providing quality housing for all who work here.
- Renewing Neighborhoods
- Where, What & How
- Housing Development
- Find Out About Your Project
- See Some Project Details
- HOME Program
- Related Links
- Click here for Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan
- Approved City of Stamford Consolidated Plan 2010-2015
- Impediments to Fair Housing Analysis and Plan 2007
- City of Stamford - Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) - Property For Sale
- Representing Yourself in Foreclosure: A Guide for CT Homeowners (PDF created by the CT Fair Housing Center)
- Section 3 Businesses
If you want to bid on an SCDO funded project please review the:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM